Tuesday, December 8, 2009

तेच्नोलोग्य

Technology has played a huge part in my academic career. My home page is google..so I look everything up before I start a project, or even if its just hw. The world wide web has influenced my homework greatly, especially when I was younger and I just entered Jr. High and I did not have a clue as to what teachers expected me to do. Msn and my friends were there to help me pass my classes!!

When we first started working with computers we were in primary, and I remember most of us were pretty good, since we were growing up with it all. Then in 7th grade when we started using "typing master". Most of us were really frustrated because we had to cover they keyboard with a folder and we had to type perfectly. It helped a lot, but still...it was kinda annoying. We worked on making websites for our science projects, that was a really bad idea. But Id like to thank who ever thought of that, we had some fun times trying to get it all to work at the very last minute before we had to hand it in.

A project that I honestly dont think Ill ever forget was model I had to do for Art History. I had no idea how to build models back then, and when the teacher said I had to make one of the Ishtar Gate I freaked. I went to Google, read a bunch of blogs, printed a bunch of pictures and made it. After that I was hooked, I love working on models, and its all thanks to Google and technology. I feel more teachers should integrate technology into their teaching program. An example would be my English teacher, we have to do these independent reading projects, and I would love to do a video or something like that. But I guess you cant always have fun projects, it is after all an AP class. I think he doesn't have us work with technology because we have to show him our totally awesome bombastic writing skills and how he is helping us develop as young AP readers....or something like that.
:(

1 comment: