Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sexting

I think this whole thing is pretty stupid. Logan committed suicide, AFTER graduating. If the rumors, and harassment had been that intense then she would have done it before graduating. I also think that the State should be suing HER parents. If they were aware of how bad the situation was, why did they not seek help for her??? I mean, as a "concerned" parent I would if my daughter looked suicidal!! Also..why didnt they go to school and make a bigger deal about it? Why didnt they involve the parents of other kids? Why didnt they change her to another school???? The school could not have done anything more than ask those involved to delete the pictures, they cant go around a whole that huge and look at everyones phone, its just impossible.
I think Logan was really stupid and immature to not think of the consequences of her actions. Did she not think of what would happen if her boyfriend and her broke up?? I mean seriously!! She did something stupid and because of that she had to face the consequences.
I think that if her parents were that mad they would be prosecuting people instead of suing them. There is a BIG DIFFERNCE between getting money and putting someone in jail because they did something wrong. And to say the lawsuit is seeking "unspecified damages"...what exactly is that supposed to mean???

I also think that school should publish statistics like those mentioned in the articles to wake up young naive girls that think that no one except their "loving" boyfriends will ever see their pictures ( and the other way around too...girls tell their friends everything!).Everyone knows high school is like a jungle and it would be good for people to know exactly what is happening!!

1 comment: